The San Jose Sharks have extended their current captain, Joe Thornton, to a 3 year deal. Set to become a free agent after this season, Joe will be wearing the teal and white until the 2013-2014 campaign. This is key for the Sharks future locking up the number one free agent this upcoming summer. Thornton brings skill, knowledge, and leadership on the ice and in the locker every day that is key. He has played for the Sharks since being traded from the Bruins during the 2005-2006 season. He won the Hart Trophy that season and has put up impressive numbers since. Playing with Dany Heatley has created one of the fiercest offensive combinations in the game.
In Other News..
- Both Chris Drury and Marian Gaborik sustained injuries last night. The extent is unknown.
- Kevin Bieksa to Montreal rumors are resurfacing but a deal won’t be made until Sami Salo is back from injury.
- Jordan Staal has been skating and hopes to return to the Penguin’s lineup soon.
- The Flyer’s Matt Walker may need “significant” surgery on his hip and will be out a while.
- John Tavares returned last night after missing a week with a concussion.
More to Follow..
Follow me on Twitter for exclusive news & content!