A lot is going on today in the NHL:
- Tampa Bay signed Dominic Moore to a 2 year deal.
- Calgary signed Ian White to a 1 year, $3M deal.
- Ottawa avoided arbitration by signing Chris Campoli to a 1 year, $1.4M deal.
- Bruins signed Blake Wheeler to a 1-year, $2.2M deal. Even though a deal has been signed, he still could be traded.
- Brian Burke has been getting different offers from a reported six teams each day for Thomas Kaberle. But, a deal probably won’t get done until around Burke’s August 15th deadline.
- Buffalo and Islanders are leading the Savard sweepstakes even though there now is a chance he’ll stay in Boston with Wheeler’s affordable deal.
- Lee Stempniak has interest from Islanders, Buffalo (if they don’t get Savard), Phoenix, and Pittsburgh (if they don’t get Kariya or Guerin).
- Kariya is favoring a return to the Ducks to possibly play alongside Selanne, but they aren’t showing any interest in him. Pittsburgh and Buffalo are strong canidates.
- Andy Sutton, considered the consolation prize of whoever doesn’t get Thomas Kaberle, is getting a lot of interest. Buffalo is highly interested, San Jose and Los Angeles are showing interest too.
- Washington is interested in Willie Mitchell.
- The Rangers, Minnesota, and Atlanta are all interested in Ryan Johnson.
- The Bruins and Penguins are leading to get Bill Guerin. Nashville and New Jersey have come in too showing interest.
- The Lightning are very interested in Aaron Asham, but so are the Flyers, Canadiens, Islanders, and Wild.
- Atlanta, Columbus, and Islanders are interested in Kyle Wellwood.
- Toronto is in first for Raffi Torres with Washington closely behind in second.
- Toronto, Anahiem, and Islanders have interest in Mark Svatos.
- There is a toss up among the Devils, Blackhawks, and Capitals for John Madden.
More to follow as I hear it..