Many rumors flying around today.
Starting off with the Kovalchuk saga, The NHL blocked the record 17-year, $102million contract Kovalchuk accepted to the New Jersey Devils. The Devils are trying to work this out with the League and Players Association. Even though Kovalchuk said the Devils were the only real choice, the Kings, Leafs ($9M a year for 3 years), and Rangers (up to $10M a year for several years) are putting out an offer.
- If Kovalchuk signs with the Rangers, rumors are flying about the Kings trading for Marian Gaborik.
- Contract talks are slow for Bobby Ryan with the Ducks. Three confirmed teams are interested in trading for Ryan and the offers are increasing each day with few big name stars left.
- The Kings are showing interest in Teemu Selanne.
- Marc Savard could be headed to the Islanders or Flames. The Islanders are also reportedly interested in Lee Stempniak and Paul Kariya.
- Even though Islanders are interested in Kariya, the front runners for Kariya’s future are the Sabres and Penguins.
- Alexander Frolov could be taking a slight paycut to dress for the Washington Capitals next season.
I will keep this updated as I hear more news.